Going Green With Sod - Ecological Benefits of Sod
Did you know that turf grass not only helps to green up your lawn or business but it also offers a variety of health and ecological benefits as well. Here are some of the benefits that sod provides to both you and the environment.
- Sod reduces pollution
- Sod traps and removes dust and dirt from the air
- 2.500 sq. ft. of sod absorbs carbon dioxide from the atmosphere, and releases enough oxygen for a family of 4 to breathe
- The front lawns of eight houses have the cooling effect of about 70 tons of air conditioning.
- The cooling effect of irrigated sod reduces the amount of fuel that must be burned to provide the electricity which powers the air conditioners
- Sod acts as a natural filter for runoff water
- Sod prevents soil erosion
- The cover and stabilization provided by sod reduces or prevents the effects of water and wind erosion of topsoil.